Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Troops for Afghanistan and No Anti-War Protests?

October 1st, 2009

President Obama is reported to be currently considering whether to send more U.S. combat troops to Afghanistan. The news agencies also report that the troop levels are already at record-high numbers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. So I wonder, to where did all the anti-war protesters disappear that were so boisterous and prevalent during the last president’s administration? Regardless of my stance on the subject of the wars, does not such a disappearance of the anti-war protesters make many of those protesters appear as possible hypocrites that merely sought to protest against the last presidential administration and likely to not have been protesting against the wars at all?
AVT


P.S. Personally, I support our troops irrespective of their mission. However, I would prefer to not have our troops involved in any mission that I did not support. Nevertheless, I hereby pass my wishes for all our troops to return home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment