Friday, August 13, 2021

In California, even the homeless guys have girlfriends.

 

This evening, as I was standing in the breezeway which connects the courtyard to the rear alley, I heard the homeless guy in the alley somewhat-yelling at his girlfriend.  Currently, the two of them seem to have a small encampment set-up back there – sort-of hidden-away from sight in the dead-ended alley with the city-required recycling-dumpster blocking the view of passers-by on the nearby side-walk. 

It was just past dusk, yet he was shouting: “you woke me up saying you wanted a ‘hit’.”  I heard her seem to mumble something in return and then it sounded-like she went back to sleep.

Anyway, the point of this is, that in California, even the homeless guys get girlfriends – if they want them.  I’ve been aware of this for some time.  It just now occurred to me to blog of it – in a sort of dark-humor vein.   Like I often say, it only hurts when I laugh.

AVT (August 13, 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment